Wednesday, August 22, 2007

AAAGHHH!!!



Some people would say these creatures are cute and adorable. I, however, am not one of the some people. This past week my husband informed me that he saw a mouse in the basement while watching some late night television. I was concerned but not too alarmed at that time. I went to the store and got some traps and set them in our furnance room. The next day, I checked the traps. I caught three!!!!!! I thought to myself, my problem is solved there could not be more than that.
Later that night, while waiting for Craig to get home,(he would be the one disposing them), I spoke to Dad and he gave me some pointers on how to clean up the problem. I thanked him and showed the mice to Craig. There were now FIVE mice caught. I felt my heart pounding hard and Craig saw a look in my eye and he just hugged me. I knew we had a bigger problem than just a couple mice. I went to the store and got more traps and other things to dispose of the creatures. I started to clean and set the traps today. I found two more mice.
TOTAL MICE=7 I also found the reason for our creature visit. The were having a great feast. Last Christmas we made two small gingerbread houses with tons of candy and frosting. I found the tin foil wrapped cardboard with nothing but mouse turds.
Two OF THEM. EMPTY!!!!! AAAAGHHH!!! To say the least, the room is now full of mouse traps and clean of the mouse presents and I will never be saving gingerbread homes again!! Have a good week!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope the count doesn't climb any higher. Have you discovered an opening where they might have gotten into the furnace room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A - I hate mice.
    B - How brilliant to wrap the gingerbread house in foil... NOT!
    C - We are watching Kid Nation and think that one of the leaders reminds us of Ian.
    D - Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for new post. I don't like seeing the mice even if they do look cute on this picture. :-) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete