Monday, January 19, 2009

January Project Done!!!

I am so excited!!!! I actually finished a project for one of the challenges I am participating in this year.
It is the one project a month challenge.
I decided to use some of my "stash" and make this bag. It is called a
"Smart Bag". I found the pattern at a local quilt shop a few weeks ago. It was sew easy and fun to make. The bag is lined in the polka dot fabric and there are white buttons holding the straps up. The other photograph is batik HST. (Obviously) I signed up for a swap that involved making these. I will have to make them over again, however. I made a little mistake in the directions and thought the finished project was to measure 3" and it actually was to measure 3 1/2 ". Oh well, I am sure I can find something to do with these HST. I have already started on my February project with some Moda fabric I bought last year for Valentine's Day. For me the starting the project is not the problem, it is the finishing. Keep warm and have a great day. TTFN

1 comment:

  1. The Smart Bag looks great! Is it for you or for a swap? Just look at the HST blocks as practice. I'm sure they'll make up into something cute. If you use up your stash, you'll get to buy new stuff!

    ReplyDelete